Shanghai

Shanghai
The Smith clan

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Cynthia's New Ride

Well as you can see from the latest blog photo - Cynthia is on the move!  We wanted to get her a scooter to get around the neighborhood to visit friends and make grocery runs but she was a bit uneasy on two wheels and besides the carrying capacity for groceries is somewhat limited on a scooter. She had mentioned to me that she really wanted a three wheeler and I of course kind of put the idea on the back burner.  I was walking in our neighborhood one evening and came across a woman driving a three wheeler.  We had a short chat and she gave me the phone number of the place she bought it.  She could not remember the name of the place, its location and oh yeah, they don't speak any English. (pretty much a given)  The next day I climbed into the van with our driver and told him that I was going to call a number and that he had to talk to them and find out how to drive me there - now remember our driver doesn't really speak much english so I am sure he had no idea what I wanted other than I wanted to go to the place associated with the number I dialed.  Much shouting and directing later we ended up at a dead end - the highway just stopped - must have run out of money or cement or maybe both.  Anyway, we called the number back, described where we were and they sent a guy on a scooter to direct us to the location.  It was a small hole in the wall shop... literally.  TO BE CONTINUED

No comments: