Shanghai

Shanghai
The Smith clan

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Day One

Well, we are off to China!  7 checked bags, 5 carry-ons and one stuffed gorilla (Landon's).  Our friend Sue L. drove us to the airport this morning through backed up traffic, road construction and one accident but we made it to the terminal with plenty of time.  We are enjoying the Delta Lounge due to my Platinum status and the boys are "grazing" heavily.  Our flight will be to Tokyo - about 13 hours - with a 2 hour layover then a 3 hour flight to Shanghai.  I will try to blog on this site regularly so we hope you check in often.

Scott

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi... this is a GREAT idea -- thank you!

Cynthia, I hope you'll pick-up blogging and write posts everyday during your three year adventure! It would make a wonderful keepsake of memories for your family.

CYNTHIA: I'm grieving your departure from the neighborhood. It won't be the same without you down the block, ya know? My world just got smaller, but I'm thoroughly overjoyed yours got bigger. I am anxious to hear about your adventures in China and this blog will be an ideal forum.

I am excited for your new friends and neighbors as their lives are about to be blessed with the love of Christ and the best sense of humor I've ever known!

I know God has amazing plans for your family in China. I rejoice with you at this incredible opportunity to reach those searching for Truth in the 10/40 window.

Love you - Cindy Lilliencrantz

Michelle said...

What Cindy said! Miss you already and look forward to reading about all that awaits The Smiths!