Shanghai

Shanghai
The Smith clan

Friday, August 20, 2010

New beginnings

Thursday marked the first day of school for the boys at Concordia.  When at the end of the day, I asked them what they liked most about their new school, they both said "Lunch!"  I should have known better. Anyway, I have been quite impressed so far with the level of communication and all of the organized activities that occur for the entire family outside of regular school hours.  I am looking forward to getting to know some of the other families and begin to make some connections. 

While the boys were in school, Cynthia and Mason spent time in JinQiao (our new neighborhood) doing some exploring.  They were hosted by the original relocation counselor, Birgit Imkamp, who took Cynthia and I around back in April.  She and Cynthia have hit it off and I think they will be good friends.

Mason is looking to buy an electric scooter to get around the area.  They go for about $350 new at Carrefour (think Super Target).  Every chance he gets he stops in to look them over and is counting the days until we move into our eventual home.  Our air shipment has not yet arrived and when it does (we think this Saturday) we have been told there is a back log of 7 days in customs.  The timing may just work out so that we only have to move those goods once - into our new apartment. 

I am sitting in the Qingdao airport right now waiting on my delayed flight to Shanghai.  Hope you are all doing well.  Drop us a line at whitebearsmiths@gmail.com if you have a minute.

No comments: