Shanghai

Shanghai
The Smith clan

Monday, December 13, 2010

What a difference some paint makes!

Well it has been a while since I have been able to sit down and put together a few words so I hope none of you are giving up on the Smith blog!  Funny how my least productive week on the blog corresponds to one of the busiest weeks I've had so far! 

The painters have left and the color remains and it looks great!  Each of the boys rooms are two-toned with a main color on 3 walls and one accent wall.  The living room is a light blue with a brownish-tan accent color in the kitchen and main entry.  I arrived home from India on Sunday afternoon to a beautiful house in the midst of Christmas decorating!  With the paint, pictures on the walls and Christmas decorations it really feels like home.  All we need now is a little bit of snow although from the sounds of it Minnesota and Europe are hogging all the snow this year. (Regan just showed me the video of the Metrodome roof collapse!) We are having quite a bit of rain these days but we really need the moisture.

Ali, Mason's girlfriend, arrived on Sunday evening but I was well into slumberland due to my red eye flight from Bangalore so I have yet to see her as of this blog (Monday night China time)  She accompanied Mason to school today and we will all be having a nice homemade Chinese dinner that Cynthia and Mrs. Jin prepared - dumplings, spring rolls, rice and salad.  Yum can't wait.

1 comment:

Trudy said...

I am very impressed with the house and all the decorating Cynthia has done. Really is beautiful. I love the Christmas tree and think I will get one of these Norfolk Pines that I can plant after the holiday. Have a great time with Ali and try to rest just a tad. Love Mom