Shanghai

Shanghai
The Smith clan

Friday, September 10, 2010

Friends!

Yesterday (Friday) I forgot that Landon had football practice.  Cynthia called me at 4pm and asked if I was coming home with Mr. Dong to take Landon.  I was elbow deep into work e-mails so I sent Mr. Dong to go pick up Landon which meant I was on my own to get home.  The drive is normally 45 minutes from the office to home.  I was going to have to either take a taxi or walk to the subway.  It was raining which meant that it would be next to impossible to get a cab so I went to the convenience store and bought an umbrella (basically a guarantee that it would stop raining - which it did) and started on the 20 minute walk to the metro line.  40 minutes later and one line change found me in the vicinity of our neighborhood and a 30 minute walk home.  In the meantime, Cynthia had arranged for the boys to have a sleep over with the Lannen's kids.  Landon and Nate went to the Lannen's from football practice while Regan and Jake came to our house.  There was a "movie night" at the school and they attended that.  Cynthia and Mason met me at the end of my "journey" home and brought me a dry shirt as I has sweat through my work shirt due to the walk.  It is still very hot here and humid as well.  This weather should break sometime near the end of the month and we are looking forward to that time.  Sorry for being so boring this morning but you can't have fun and games all the time. 

No comments: